Solar power is a renewable source of energy that can be gathered practically anywhere in the world.
- Reduced electricity bills: Using solar energy instead of traditional energy sources can result in financial savings. Over a 20-year period, you could save anywhere from $10,000 to $30,000, depending on your state, home size and electricity usage. Unlike paying utility bills, paying off a solar panel system gets a return on investment. Solar energy can also be sold back to the grid, so you have the potential to earn while you save.
- Financial support from the government: Federal and state tax benefits are available when you install solar panels in your home or business. Taxpayers could potentially claim 30 percent of installation costs, with benefits varying by state. In some instances it may be possible to get a solar home installation with no out-of-pocket costs. This may take some time to research, but it is possible.
- Energy independence: the sun is an infinite source of energy, unlike coal and natural gas, and solar panels can be installed practically anywhere. The electrical energy output of the panels depends on exposure to direct sunlight; anything that gets in the way of this reduces the output. Using solar panels allows you to reduce dependence on foreign oil and fossil fuels, leading to a more stable and predictable energy bill, especially during times when the demand for energy is high.
- Reduced carbon footprint: Solar energy is able to generate power without giving off any dangerous emissions. While there is some carbon footprint from producing and distributing solar panel infrastructure, the energy produced from solar panels is clean and free of pollutants, and it emits no greenhouse gases. The average American home produces 14,920 pounds of carbon dioxide each year. By installing solar panels, you can reduce your carbon footprint by more than 3,000 pounds annually.
- Longevity and little maintenance: Most systems last for 20 or more years. During that time, solar panels and equipment require little maintenance. The company you choose can help you understand what exactly is required for maintenance. Some providers offer self-cleaning systems for their panels, because dirt and dust can reduce the output significantly. Plus, solar energy technology is always improving, so the same size solar panels from last year are even better today.
Contact the experts at Prime Energy Solar today if you have any more questions regarding solar panels!